Cooking Tips: Use the additional mayonnaise mixture as a coating for fish.
Savory Sweet Potato Salad
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (4.1 /5)
- 7 ratings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (plus 1/4 teaspoon for garnish)
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup green onions (white part), thinly sliced (plus 2 tablespoons of green part for garnish)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons Real Bacon Bits (3 ounce package), plus 1/2 tablespoon for garnish
- Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes. Peel potatoes using a peeler or small knife. Cut into cubes, and place in large pot.
- Add water to pot to cover the sweet potatoes (about 3/4 full). Bring water to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender. Drain and let cool completely for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- While cooling sweet potatoes, chop and prepare all of the herbs and additional ingredients. Add mayonnaise to a medium bowl along with the thyme, dill, salt, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, lemon juice, 1/4 cup green onion, red onion, and 4 tablespoons bacon bits. Stir all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add cooled sweet potatoes to a large bowl along with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Gently stir with a spoon, being careful to not over-mix and break apart the sweet potatoes. Add more of the mayonnaise mixture as needed for the ingredients to be well coated but not drenched.
- Let the sweet potato salad chill, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Once chilled, gently stir once more and garnish with the additional green onion, bacon, and paprika.
Rate this recipe
7 People Rated This Recipe